Tuesday, November 4, 2008

As I Speak

It's an historic day, one that many of us have been awaiting anxiously for months if not years. This last little while has been a blur of mixed feelings about the race, though my predominant sentiment has been a sort of timid optimism. It seems just too good to be true that things are going the way that they are, and as certain as I am in my logical mind that Obama's got the election, there's still a part of me left saying, 'what if?..'
But you don't want to sit there and listen to me talk about emotions. Let's get some facts down. The counting is underway, and exit polls predict Vermont going for Obama, while McCain has Kentucky. There are a number of battleground states such as Ohio, Indiana, and Virginia that are far too close to call, and even these all have less than 20% of their votes in. Nationwide numbers show Obama currendly ahead 53% to 46%. The polls should be closed nationwide by 11:00 EST, and we could have a new president as early as tomorrow morning. I'll try to keep this updated.

8:10 - Obama with 77 electoral votes, McCain with 34*
8:45 - Obama with 102 electoral votes, McCain with 34*
9:17 - Obama with 172 electoral votes, McCain with 64*
10:26 - Obama with 207 electoral votes, McCain with 135*

*according to exit polls
bWa

No comments:

Post a Comment